There are 39 individually decorated bedrooms on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors, each has a private bathroom and all rooms are within the same historic building. (The 1st floor is all public space.) There are two King bed suites available for that special evening. The other 37 standard rooms are anything but “standard”. Most guest rooms have either a queen or king bed, or two double or two queen beds. There are several suites comprising of two bedrooms with one private bathroom which is ideal for families. There are just a few rooms with one double bed for our single travelers. All the rooms are non-smoking and have a telephone, alarm clock-radio and a hair dryer. Most rooms have two easy chairs, a desk and duvet bed coverings. Free Wi-Fi access is available in the bedrooms and throughout the Inn. Each room has an individual window air conditioner during the warmer months.
The room rates vary throughout the year based on special events and number of people occupying the room. The average mid-week standard room rate is $148.00 per night for two people, including the country breakfasts. Weekend rates are $158.00 per night for two people. Additional adults or children can be accommodated in most rooms for a small surcharge. Children under 5 years of age stay free. To obtain a rate for a specific date, please check our availabiliy calendar.
- Deposits are not required and payment in full for your stay is requested upon check-in. *
- Cancellations taken up to 20 days prior to arrival will be removed with a $20.00 per room administrative fee.
- Cancellations taken within 20 days of arrival will incur a $75.00 per room fee. No shows will be charged full room rate.
*Some weekends do have special deposit requirements and different cancellation policies which will be communicated when making your reservation. (i.e. Middlebury College Commencement weekend in May and Middlebury College Parent’s Weekend in October require non-refundable deposits).
Dog Friendly Policy:
- We welcome polite, well-behaved dogs with an advance reservation, however, some date restrictions do apply.
- There will be a $20.00 pet fee, per stay.
- Your dog may not be left unattended in the room at any time.
Note to our guests with allergies:
- One floor of the Inn is always kept “pet free” in consideration of our guests that may have allergies. Please advise us when making your reservation if you have severe allergies. Rooms choices on the “pet free” floor are mostly Queen bed or 2 Double bed accommodations.
The Country Breakfast is served in the Wicker Room between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. and is complimentary with your stay. An earlier breakfast may be arranged with advance notice. You will enjoy a full meal which includes cereals and homemade organic granola with Vermont Cabot natural yogurt, fresh fruit salad, bagels with cream cheese, homemade muffins and pastries and daily hot items such as an egg dish, homemade waffles, pancakes or french toast with breakfast meats, breads, juice, coffee and tea. Many guests come down for an early morning coffee, which is available, self-serve, in the Sun Room approximately one hour prior to breakfast.
During our winter season (Jan-Apr) Full country breakfast is not always available, Please mention in comment box if you would like to have breakfast. We will get back if it is being served. Adding breakfast will be an additional charge of $11.00 per person.